Walking is good and this is beyond doubt.
Walk while practicing Nordic walking with special sticks, with the right technique is a lot healthier, more constructive and more productive than normal walking.
Il Nordic walking it is a movement suitable for an audience of all ages, sports and not, which involves almost all of the body muscles, re-educates posture, lightens the load on the joints, distributes physical effort on all limbs, increasing performance and duration. 'training. When done correctly it brings us attention back to correct posture that day after day we have spoiled forgetting to use certain muscles almost atrophying them. It regains the rotation of the pelvis and the counter rotation of the shoulders, the right support of the heel and the relative roll of the foot. The large and complex pushing movement of the arms that involves hands, forearms, triceps, deltoids, pectorals and dorsals (with each step!), Involves an effort equivalent to the same physical exercise done in the gym, with the advantage of being outdoors , perhaps with friends, in a beautiful park, distracting from everyday life.
Why and how to do Nordic walking
- for wellness walks in the park, even better if immersed in nature, relaxing tension, improving breathing, removing stress;
- for training, maintaining the desired pace based on the purpose, slimming or not, for example with the use of a heart rate monitor;
- endurance sports (endurance), an excellent alternative for ex-runners, it is possible to cover considerable distances, even extreme ones, in different environments (from the desert to the mountains);
- for rehabilitation purposes.
Where to practice it
Everywhere, being as practical as running, as long as the terrain is not very bumpy, the slopes are not too steep; practicable from the valleys and mountain paths. Even on asphalt or pavements using the special rubber heels for the sticks that increase the grip when pushing.
In recent years the mountain has become a gym for those who love Nordic walking, many tourist resorts offer specific routes with lots of indicative tables along the route and tailor-made programs for those who love this Nordic discipline.
For the more sporty
For those who practice more "reckless" sports it is worth emphasizing that Nordic Walking can be a good discipline to be associated with other activities, in fact, at the base of this movement there are concepts deriving from postural gymnastics that are fundamental and at the basis of every movement , knowing them and applying them as soon as possible, could improve well-being and performance, also avoiding unpleasant problems deriving from incorrect postures.
Clothing, shoes and sticks
- Technical clothing is recommended, running clothing is fine; for those who practice movement for well-being, while walking, a less sporty clothing can also go, preferring however comfort in the movements;
- There is no joking about shoes, footwear must respect our foot, cushion our weight. For the model it depends on the terrain on which we are going to work; in principle, running shoes suitable for all terrains are fine. If you prefer dirt roads, trail shoes are recommended. Relying on a specialized shopkeeper.
- Pay attention to the sticks, for beginners we recommend extendable sticks. Those at an advanced level can certainly choose a fixed height model. The difference is in the weight and in the transmission of vibrations, which in fixed is certainly less.
This article was written by the Environmental Hiking Guide and Nordic walking instructor, Gianluca Rodelli di Target Outdoor ASD, to MontagnaEstate.it
Receive Summer Offers
Receive the best summer offers in the mountains, in Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts or Holiday Apartments