What to pack to go to the mountains in the summer
Unlike in the past, today more and more people decide to spend their summer holidays in the mountains.
The mountain areas have been able to improve over time and today summer tourism has almost reached the levels of winter tourism.
Summer is the ideal time to go hiking at high altitude and escape the heat, but knowing what to pack in advance will allow you to organize yourself better and not forget anything at home.
Here are some useful tips:
Summer temperatures in the mountains can be unpredictable. No wonder you start your day under clear skies and find yourself bathed in torrential rain in the middle of the afternoon. Furthermore, these sudden weather changes are related to a lowering of temperatures.
Discover the best offers to spend an unforgettable summer holiday in the Dolomites of Val Gardena, with holiday packages at advantageous prices in hotels and apartments in Ortisei, Santa Cristina and Selva di Val Gardena
For this reason, when preparing your suitcase for the mountains, you must always bear in mind that the weather can change quickly: clothing must be varied, from light clothing (shorts, short-sleeved shirts and tank tops) to heavy ones. For those who spend their days in the woods and hiking, they should never be missing heavy jackets and sweatshirts.
Surely it is necessary to prefer a type of sportswear, but above all comfortable.
When going on a hike, technical clothing is recommended, i.e. garments specifically designed to protect from the cold, the sun and let the skin breathe.
The technical garments are also designed to be as light and flexible as possible so as to leave the body free to move with agility, a fundamental aspect in the mountains.
- Two zipped side pockets, one zipped chest pocket.
- Sleeves with velcro closure, removable hood.
- Adjustable waistband and hood with an elastic.
- Platinum 4000 technology, Expedition Edition, waterproof (3000), breathable (5000).
- Detachable hood that can be fixed with Velcro fasteners in a cavity on the collar.
- 【Wind & Heat Resistant】 Men's jacket with 3 layers of composite materials. The breathable outer material offers superior wind protection and is waterproof. Soft inner layer keeps you warm all winter.
- 【Reflective Stripes】 Reflective strips on both the front and back of the winter softshell jacket ensure maximum safety in poor visibility conditions.
- 【Ideal for Cycling】 Internal pockets and side pockets with zippers for safe storage. Three back pockets for small items. This cycling jacket features an elastic hem with a silicone elastic waistband to make sure the jacket fits your body and is perfectly positioned.
- 【SBS zippers】 High quality, smooth and durable SBS zippers. Extended cuffs for better wind protection and better temperature control.
- 【Multi-Application Jacket】: cycling, walking, running, traveling, hiking, camping, cross-country skiing, Climbing, casual, all kinds of outdoor sportswear.
- The tag is Asian size, which is smaller than the EU and US size, please check the size chart carefully and choose size 1 - 2 (if your normal size is L, choose XL or XXL if necessary)
- Features: Waterproof, windproof and breathable, Suitable for spring autumn and winter
- Soft shell with soft cloth lining and better heat warming and keep you warm all day Tight cuffs with adjustable tape closure help keep the wind out.
- The value of the fabric is that of being a velvet, soft and light and adapts well to the curves of the body, without feeling awkward in the movements.
- Great jacket for outdoor winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, hiking, camping, fishing, cycling, mountaineering, running, traveling and more.
- WARMTH & EXPLORE IN ALL COMFORT KUTOOK men's softshell jackets are for you who love freedom of movement in alpine climbing and speed hiking. Explore, walk, follow the paths of the mountain. The soft polar fleece lining offers pleasant warmth, it is perfect as a protective layer on cooler days.
- WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF The outer layer of the hiking jackets is water repellent, so our jackets can be worn in light rain. Soft inner collar for greater comfort, while the adjustable and lasticized cuffs help to protect themselves more effectively from the cold.
- 3 POCKETS & REFLECTIVE ELEMENTS Reflective details on the front and back of the jacket increase safety at night. 2 side pockets with YKK zipper closure, chest pocket with SBS waterproof zipper. One internal pocket with YKK zipper. Allows you to safely arrange valuables such as purses, keys or telephones.
- USEFUL DESIGNS With detachable hood, adjustable in depth with elastic cord. Glued details and limited seams create a clean and refined look. Ergonomic shoulders and sleeves. Comfortable fit thanks to flat seams.
- APPLICATIONS Perfect for hiking, climbing, skiing, traveling, fishing, camping, cycling. We advise you to choose a comfortable size and to create an outfit for the mountain with softshell pants that can be found on our shop.
- Ideal for rainy days thanks to the waterproof fabric
- Versatile for all seasons thanks to the removable and adjustable hood
- Adjustable cuffs and adjustable hem with drawstring
- Pockets and zippered pockets to keep your items safe
- Contains: 1x Columbia Softshell Jacket, Cascade Ridge II, Men, Softshell: 100% polyester, Fabric: 100% polyester, Black, M, 1516251
The jacket is not the only technical garment to wear for a good hike, it is also important to have good pants. The trousers protect from water (rain is frequent in the mountains) and from branches or tall grass found in some sections of the trails.
- Men's softshell pants: 92% polyester, 8% spandex, comfortable and wear resistant
- Men's Trekking Trousers: Adjustable waist with belt allows for a comfortable fit
- Stylish men's work trousers with a zippered cargo pocket on the thigh, security pockets on the front and back and a durable knee
- The waterproof and windproof men's ski pants with fleece lining block the wind, repel water and snow and keep you warm and dry in cold weather
- Men's Functional Pants: Perfect for outdoor winter activities such as hiking, mountaineering, travel, trekking, camping, hunting, climbing, fishing, cycling, horseback riding etc.
- Preformed semi-elasticated waistband
- Fit: slim
- Made of breathable material
- Back zip pocket
- Softshell pants are made of 92% polyester and 8% spandex, waterproof, windproof, warm and abrasion resistant.
- Partial elastic waist with buckle closure, belt included, perfect fit; soft fleece lined fabric for maximum comfort.
- 4 zippered security pockets, convenient to keep your things safe while you move; patchwork knees use a durable, abrasion-resistant cloth.
- Women's pants feature a windproof surface that repels water and snow, keeping you warm and dry in cold weather.
- Outdoor pants are suitable for skiing, hiking, walking, camping, mountaineering, cycling, climbing, traveling, hunting fishing and other winter activities. We offer free returns and fast customer service.
- Material: high quality polyester with warm fleece lining.
- Features: Comfortable and super warm to keep out the strongest cold and cold winds.
- Function: windproof and water resistant, breathable and wear resistant.
- Fleece winter pants keep warm to withstand extremely cold weather conditions, suitable for winter types of winter activities: hiking, camping, fishing, climbing, skiing and hunting etc.
- Wear it to do all kinds of outdoor work, it can keep your legs comfortable and warm all the time. Perfect for gardening, walking and outdoor work.
- Material: soft and comfortable to wear, elastic and quick dry, breathable and water resistant.
- Function: durable, breathable, moisture and sweat, antibacterial deodorant
- Washing: Hand wash or machine wash, easy to wash and dry quickly
- Occasion: walking, running, gym, climbing, fishing, cycling, shooting, tennis, hiking, camping and other activities
- Note: The size is not the same as Europe size, please check the size chart before buying.
For the evening you can instead pack more elegant clothes, but always remember that the temperatures drop and maybe some clothes that you will never wear in the city because they are considered too heavy, will be fine here. Absolutely to pack a mid-season duvet and a raincoat.
Towards evening the temperature can drop below 15 degrees in some mountain locations, so a good summer duvet or jacket should always be kept close at hand.
Footwear: Shoes and Boots
For the day it is advisable to wear good hiking shoes (or mountain boots), possibly as soon as you buy.
The reason? The foot is not yet used to the shoe and you risk getting blisters which will then prevent you from taking long walks.
- Soft and durable sole that offers high grip
- Quick and easy closure with very resistant round laces
- Made of very resistant high quality materials that provide increased comfort
- Robust and sporty design
- Attention: As the shoe size is relatively small, please choose a larger size.
- Padded tongue: A padded tongue prevents debris from flowing inside. With an upper with adjustable laces. Protective rubber cover on the toe and heel protects you while hiking or hiking.
- Superior Cushioning: The wide leather round toe of the safety shoes provides greater freedom of movement, prevents accidental accidents. The rear heel in breathable sponge material provides soft protection for the ankle and heel. Designed with water resistant shoe body, it provides all day comfort for those who love the outdoors and live for adventures.
- Waterproof performance: waterproof / breathable material used (not fully waterproof). Use arch support insole. High grip outsole for a deep groove pattern. With a waterproof structure, it has a certain breathability function. When you get out of outdoor activities, you can avoid the entry and exit of water, you can drain the sweat quickly, realizing a gentle and comfortable walk.
- Occasion: Suitable for hiking, camping, outdoor sports, urban leisure, walking, traveling, casual, skiing, hiking, etc.
- Category: C Mountaineering
- Recommended use: even on bad paths and trails or even off-road, deterioration, climbing, icicles, mixed alpine terrain, mud / grass, red / technical routes, crampons compatible with crampons.
- Attention: Please pay attention to the size chart and directions to choose the suitable shoe size.
- Trekking boots with leather upper
- Lining with waterproof and breathable "Sympatex" membrane
- Shock absorbing and flexible sole
- With lace-up closure
Socks are also very important. It is recommended to wear those suitable for trekking, which have a sponge under the sole of the foot and reinforcements in the areas of greatest friction, such as the toe and heel.
As for the material, it is better to prefer wool: its insulating properties make it cool in summer and let the foot breathe without retaining sweat.
- Mountain socks in merino wool
- MEN'S MERINO WOOL TREKKING SOCKS; They are perfect for long walks, hikes, trekking and other adventurous outdoor activities (backpacking, camping, etc.); Suitable for dirt / trekking shoes and boots
For the evening, on the other hand, you can bring a pair of comfortable mountain shoes, as the foot needs to rest after a day of hiking.
- Women, Men
- Suede / Stretch Textile
Other material and accessories
Not to forget high protection sunscreen, sunglasses and hat. Being closer to the sun, getting sunburnt in the mountains will be easier.
Also very important is a backpack, possibly specific for trekking with a breathable backrest, walking poles, water bottle and first aid kit (patches, disinfectant etc ...).
- 【Dimension】: 16.5 (L) x 9.4 (W) x 26.3 (H) inches. enough space for hiking, traveling, camping, trekking, cycling, hiking and mountaineering
- Ultra Durable & Comfortable: NEEKFOX 35L hiking backpack is made of build quality thickened nylon fabric, which can withstand heavier loads during your travel. The breathable S-shaped shoulder straps are adjustable to fit anyone.
- Possible storage capacity 42-50L. Material: Made of high quality nylon fabric, resistant to water, tear and wear, reinforced straps, clean points, durable buckle with SBS zippers, high quality and durable.
Snowshoes are very useful as they increase the safety and efficiency of walking, and take the weight off the body from the backpack. With snowshoes you have a better balance, especially when going downhill, and consequently they significantly reduce falls, sprains and fractures.
In addition to walking, the poles can be used for other purposes, such as to defend against vipers or aggressive animals.
- 【Excellent materials】 Glymnis trekking poles are made of extremely strong and lightweight 7075 aluminum. The tip is made of tungsten carbide to ensure great resistance, while the handle is made of high density EVA material, ideal for keeping the hand dry
- Super Value Trekking Poles: Meet your dream right now, quality assurance even a small part, it will be better and safer equipment, take it home, the trekking poles is suitable for climbing, hiking, skiing , walks and other outdoor activities.
- Great Materials: Glymnis trekking poles are made of 7075 aluminum, one pole weighs only 279 grams, extremely light. The tip of the sticks is made of tungsten steel, it has great strength. The two handles are in cork and in high density EVA material, non-slip and wear resistance
A repellent could also be very useful, to protect against ticks and mosquitoes, and of course the camera that will be used to document travel and any close encounters with wildlife. Binoculars can be useful for seeing deer, foxes and even bears up close without risking your own safety.
Find Summer Offers
The best offers in the mountains in summer, in hotels, bed and breakfasts or holiday apartments